Blog posts are a great way of sharing information with clients (and would-be clients). A regularly updated blog is the most important factor in a well designed content strategy. It goes a long way to establishing you as an expert in your field (always think about credibility) and it lets potential clients know you're serious about the work you do.
There are so many things you can blog about but here's a list of ten of my favourite blog topics.
- Quick, informal interviews with your staff. Great for giving clients a peek into the life of your team.
- Staff birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Posts about specific aspects of your industry. For example, if you're a web developer you could include posts about the latest and greatest prototyping tools, different project management styles and why you use the one you've chosen or the importance of strong data science skills.
- Short case studies.
- Overview of projects finished that month.
- Awards your team has won.
- Goals for the coming months.
- Lessons you've learned in business.
- Your process 101 - help clients to understand the processes involved in each step of the development cycle.
- General posts that ask your audience to interact. Polls and surveys are a great way to get to know your audience and their motivations for visiting your site. In this type of blog post, again using a web development company as an example, you could ask visitors whether price is the most important factor in getting a website done, what technology they use to access their favourite content every day or you could simply ask them if they have a burning question about web development they'd like answered.
A regularly updated blog will keep visitors coming back to your site. Don't overlook this easy and cost effective form of outbound marketing. Want more information about adding a blog to your site? Get in touch!